Thursday, October 2, 2008

Reviews in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .

Being the first post for my blog, I'm going to take a moment to explain what I do and how this works.

My goal is to find games on the cheap and review them, so you can decide when to use your hard earned dollars on the real gems. All titles will be $9.99 or less in a store, $19.99 or less after shipping on ebay. I'll note where I purchased it, any specials I used to drop the price lower, and I'll post an ebay query for those that like to buy online. If applicable, I'll include a scan of the cover art so you know what to look for. For all games, assume that they're being played in the original console. I'm not going to be playing PS1 games in a PS2 or XBOX titles in a 360, for instance. If I do, I'll note it and any compatibility issues I run into.

I do have a day job, so this is something on the side to do for fun. My goal is to have one review a month at the minimum, more if I can. I'm already in the process of writing my first review, I'll have it posted really soon.

Parental involvement in children's gaming is a very important issue to me. As such, I'll make sure to include a section in each game for parents of children, covering ESRB ratings, and links to other resources as applicable.

Also, if you have any comments on my reviews, suggestions for games to review, I have an email address set up for comments. send all comments to treasure.bin.comments@gmail.com and I'll do my best to respond to as many of them as I can.

No comments: